Other ASRC eClinic stuttering treatments
It is one of several standalone internet treatments for adults and children who stutter that are currently being developed by our research team.
These include iCamperdown, iLidcombe, iWestmead, and iBroadway.
Adults who stutter may experience social anxiety because of their speech. iGlebe is a cognitive behaviour therapy program designed especially for stuttering.
iGlebe is a standalone treatment—you can do it yourself without any assistance from a clinical psychologist or a speech-language pathologist.
Clinical trials have shown that iGlebe can be effective, and you can find out about those clinical trials below.
- Menzies, R., O’Brian, S., Packman, A., Jones, M., Helgadóttir, F. D., & Onslow, M. (2019). Supplementing stuttering treatment with online cognitive behavior therapy: An experimental trial. Journal of Communication Disorders, 80, 81–91.
- Menzies, R., Packman, A., Onslow, M., O’Brian, S., Jones, M. & Helgadóttir, F. J. (2019). In-clinic and standalone Internet CBT treatment for social anxiety in stuttering: A randomized trial of iGlebe. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, 62, 1614–1624.
- Menzies, R., O’Brian, S., Lowe, R., Packman, A., & Onslow, M. (2016). International Phase II clinical trial of CBTPsych: A standalone Internet social anxiety treatment for adults who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 48, 35–43.
- Helgadottir, F. D., Menzies, R. G., Onslow, M., Packman, A., & O’Brian, S. (2014). A standalone Internet cognitive behaviour therapy treatment for social anxiety in adults who stutter: CBTpsych. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 41, 47–54.
- Helgadottir, F. D., Menzies, R., Onslow, M., Packman, A., & O’Brian, S. (2009). Online CBT II: A Phase I trial of a standalone, online CBT treatment program for social anxiety in stuttering. Behaviour Change, 26, 254–270.